Software Asset Management – SAM
Software Asset Management (SAM) is a business practice that all businesses should adopt. SAM enables businesses to manage and optimise the purchase, deployment, maintenance and utilisation of your software assets. SAM also helps manage the disposal of software applications within an organisation.
Example IT takes a consultative approach to achieving effective and comprehensive software lifecycle management. SAM is implemented in line with current global best practice, resulting in the optimisation of an organisation’s IT estate. Providing a solid understanding of the cost of ownership, asset optimisation and return on investment.
We have found that many of the organisations we work with have common business goals and objectives. We understand the challenges that internal IT teams face when trying to implement and maintain a set of ongoing SAM processes.
Examples of SAM Challenges organisations face on a daily basis:
- Understanding their current software requirements and planning for future software needs
- Effectively managing their licenses
- Gaining visibility of their current software usage
- Understanding the impact of technology deployment as it transitions from physical to virtual, or from on premise to hosted or Cloud
- Mitigating risk of vendor audit and unexpected/unbudgeted cost
- Driving cost savings
- Implementing better governance through policy and processes
Our Structured approach maps out your software compliance project into four distinct phases. Providing the most structured approach to achieving effective and comprehensive software lifecycle management and IT optimisation:
Providing online tools, dashboards and expert training, Example IT take organisations on a journey to software compliance.